Now I am not going to say that I never get bitter, it is natural especially if you were the one that was left. Watch yourself and if you start talking like this, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY GETTING BITTER! Bitter alert, bitter alert!
Don’t sound like this:
- “Did you see his new ho, she is hideous!” (Even if she looks like Jennifer Anniston, you are going to go over her with a fine tooth comb and find something wrong).
- “Date? After my marriage I don’t want to see another man ever.” (Wait, I hear that Johnny Depp wants to go out with you, still swearing off men forever? Give it time and you will want to jump right back on the horse…literally).
- “All the good men are taken or gay!”, (Guess what there are men that were jilted too. There are men that chose careers before, widows, unhappily married men…gee the choices).
- “He is never going to find anyone like me!” (Can’t rule out, cloning can we?)
- “One day he is going to regret leaving me and by then it will be too late!” (Spoiler alert, men don’t break up marriages for anything. He made it final because for some reason the two of you were not mean to be. That is all, accept it.)
- “All men are alike!” (Whoah, whoah that is the ultimate “bitter woman” comment. Just like you are unique, so are men so do not sabotage your chances with limited thinking).
What other self-defeating things are you saying? On a serious note, that kind of thinking can really hold you back from becoming a happily single woman that is the prime catch for those eligible men out there. Trust me they are out there. Just realize, would you like to go out with a negative nilly? A man that is full of criticism or an optimistic person that see’s the lighter side of life. You have to attain the same qualities you are looking for a man. So when you start saying negative things, stop yourself and make yourself realize that is just your hurt and anger getting the best of you. Only you can control your thoughts.
“Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.”
– Maya Angelou
4 thoughts on “Signs You Are Getting Bitter! ”
So hard to let go of regrets, also to not talk about it on dates. Sadly, I did this just last night! Stupid move!
I do daily so don’t feel bad.
Thank you for your comments back, Catalina. My youngest daughter closed on buying a house and all weekend I hung out with her, packing and doing errands. She moved down the street from me, only 2 blocks. Yay! ❤️
My daughter finally started talking to me after many months. We put our kids through heck…I did