Are you having a booger of a time dealing with this divorce? Does your life seem to be falling apart and you feel like you are dying of a broken heart or maybe you feel so angry you could bite through a bullet. .
Time to Woman Up With this Divorce
I know, I know, the last thing you want to do is pretend your are strong if you feel sad and weak and you just can’t stand that cliché’, “fake it till you make it!”
The truth is that behaving negatively is bad for your health, your mental health and especially if you have children. It affects your job, and even future relationships. Don’t you want to deal with your emotions so you could figure all this is for the best so you can start living a healthy life leading to happiness.
Deal With Your Divorce Stress With Dignity And Strength
You can become your worst enemy because if you are behaving negatively, How will you ever come out of this a stronger woman.
Control your negative emotions from yourself and your children.
When I say control, I don’t mean mask it or pretend it isn’t there. You must allow yourself to go through the pain and feel every bit of it. You must process it to come out of the other end.
Going through a divorce, or even separations and break-ups can be devastating. It is a like mourning the death of your husband, only he is alive and shacking up with another woman. Yeah that sure does hurt.
If you are angry and full of resentment, you have to identify the pain that is fueling that anger and work on that. You heard of the stages of grief. They are now saying that they don’t come in any particular order. You may feel anger first until you realize the truth and then get depressed. What matters is looking for articles, advice on healing.
What Are Issues That Could Flare Up Negative and Destructive Emotions
- Spouses own temper tantrums he brings to you. You have to realize this is not about fighting fire with fire. If he is fire, you need to be water and not gasoline.
- Research mind, body and soul healing. What this means is that you have to take care of yourself now. Eat the right foods, don’t drink too much, exercise. Whatever is your belief source, now is probably the best time to get in touch with your faith.
- Take good care of your job. We all have had those times when we are going through something and work is so hard because your mind wanders. But your job is your source of income and you want to remember you may be the sole breadwinner now.
- Take good care of your kids. This is very tough on them and it is imperative that you are not a jealous, information seeking, pitiful look at how sad I am a type of mom. They are your priority so you need to woman-up around your children.
- The last is realize that just because Karen Gail Grubb from across the street dealt with her divorce great. As a matter of fact they are friends and they both get their new spouses and they all go to Olive Garden for “All You Can Eat spaghetti” on Tuesday. So what! Do not compare yourself to anyone because everyone heals different. There is no time watch on grief. But at the same time you don’t want to live in our wallow either.
Well that is it for now. If you can think of anything more, please send me a comment.