Yay, the holidays are coming! Can hardly wait to sit around that family table, when all attention spotlights on you and that infamous question comes, “Are you still single?”
Really? Amongst the sea of coupled up cousins and siblings, there you sit…ALONE! Ugh no more. I have compiled a list of comebacks that will move that conversation elsewhere.
1. Oh yes, I have learned to respect myself and weirdly, only want people in my life who feel the same way.
2. Of course, I prefer it to rushing into another shitty relationship.
3. Yup, and that’s how I will stay until someone make my existence better, not worse.
4. I found that when I got comfortable being alone, I finally am able to tell the difference between, is this love or am I just lonely.
5. Yes, but boy it takes a lot of strength staying single in a society that would rather settle just so they can say they are with someone.
Make sure you turn your attention to that couple who are always bickering…then smile big and dig into your pie!