Morning Without a Man 3.11.13
Anyone see Bridesmaids, where the main character wakes up with her booty call man, she sets up her alarm before his and jumps up brushes her hair, fixes her make-up and hurries back in bed before his alarm goes off laying down in a pretend to be asleep pose. Her booty call man wakes up and then wakes her up and is amazed at how well she looks in the morning.
Well at least we don’t have that problem anymore. Heck at the end if we were with our man long enough we didn’t care what we looked like anymore…but a lot of us did find comfort that we had a warm body next to us. Not all of us. Some few had their own rooms. But even then there may have been a certain comfort that there was a warm body just within our touch.
I was a morning snuggler, so waking up alone was hard for me. Mornings were catch up on conversation times for us. That moment was gone so mornings were hard for me. You ever see movies where the character is slowly coming to in the morning and reaches over feeling for the spot where the man, woman should be laying and it is empty and they sit up…where are they. I don’t do that, but that is how I felt. I had to reprogram my mornings. Mornings are my topic.
Mornings are the most important part of the day and when you are reaching over and feeling sad cause you are alone, well heck you are just messing up the rest of the day. Louise Hay says the first hour of the day is the most crucial part of the day. Mornings set the mood for the rest of your day…hence the saying…wake up on the wrong side of the bed???
Mornings need to be important …spiritually important. No, no we are not going door with our brief case preaching the good word. Please no feedback, I am not knocking it. I have read the Watch Tower and the Awake Pamphlet and no not like your husband who said they read Penthouse for the articles, I really read it. They have some good messages. I have a good respect for everyone’s religion, I myself like to say I am not religious, but I am very very spiritual.
First of all are you one of these? Your alarm goes off…you think aww…5 more minutes so you hit snooze, alarms goes off aww hit snooze, goes off aww hit snooze, hit snooze, hit snooze…
Oh shit!!! You hit it one too many times! Gonna be late, where’s this, where’s that, shove toast in my face…haul butt 200 mph per hour and sneak in work 20 minutes late. Man tomorrow I better get up when the alarm goes off the first time…HA HA Yeah right! You are going to do the same thing the next day and the day after and so on and so on!
Know what you need? Either your momma or a drill sergeant. But you are an adult and you want to change don’t you? Can you say let me try this one time…just one time? Then see how you feel. You don’t have to do it again…Ok? We want to change your life we are not trying to hurt you.
Where was I going with all this? Mornings! We are going to create a new morning structure for those who are finding difficulties with their mornings. How we can make our mornings better. (Here’s a tip for you coffee drinkers…get the kind with a timer so it will be brewing when you wake up)
1. Alarms goes off. FIRST TIME! Turn off…Rip off the snooze button if you have too. Who invent that darn thing! No go tinkle…First things first and Mother Nature is always first. We will be waiting when you get back.
2. Stretch. You don’t have to be fancy, you don’t have to be no Yogi master…Just stretch. We want to get the ol’ blood flowing. Reach up to the sky. Touch your toes. Do waist twists (side to side). You be your own choreographer just stretch for 5-10 minutes…not hard.
3. Make your bed.
4. Sit on your bed (This one might need practice…jk)
5. Get a mirror and look deep into your eyes…I know I joke a lot but I am being serious on this.
Note: You can look at this as spiritual or you can look at this in the scientific manner. We are going to work on our self-esteem. We are going to convince ourselves at how wonderful we are because during break ups we forget. And that old concept of if you tell yourself something enough times, you start believing it. Well that is all we are going so don’t run scared on me now sister! So Atheists are welcome. If you are working on anger issues, this is the place to do it.
Many of you are not going to feel what you are saying, say it anyways. Heard the saying fake it till you make it. You don’t believe what you are saying, say it anyways…like a robot..who cares.
6. Say three times, “I love and approve of myself just the way I am!”
7. Thank you for ________________________________________ (Name five things you are grateful for. It could be anything. Good health, your parents, your job…)
8. Today I will be happy because__________________________(Name 1 reason you will be happy today for…you can think of something)
Note: If you are spiritual, this is your time to use for prayer and talk to God of your understanding.
9. Turn on some happy bouncy music and sing and bounce around as you get ready for work.
10. Have a great day…man…what man!