May 10, 2018
Gas tank is full and ready to go
my suitcase filled with dreams and hopes
Where am I going? I just don’t know…
Sometimes the darkness in your mind
Sometimes the piercing in your heart
Sometimes it’s just much too much
Daydreams of eternal peace
Free from grief
Free to breathe
That God’s arms
Become my home
Stop Stop Stop
Don’t listen to the lies!
The Sun is a promise
that never fails
The warmth of the morn
is not far away
Sit with your pain
just till dawn
when the Earth brings light
Your pain comes from you
your child within
were you not loved?
were you not nurtured?
or maybe not enough?
Listen to your pain
she weeps from your soul
cradle her softly
tell her she’s not alone
Hum her sweet melodies
just don’t let go
fast asleep in your own arms
both have sweet dreams
Gently you awaken
feeling warmth from within
you blink at at the suns glow
no darkness in site
you made it one more night
Some of us have voids in our soul
Maybe as a child our needs went unmet
Will you also ignore that child that’s you?
Will you tell her you have others things to do?
She needs you as she has all through the years
be the one to mother and nurture lovingly
hold her in your arms as she weeps all night
Remind her she never has to be alone anymore
watch and see…
You made it again…one more night…
“I’m learning a lot “myself being alone, and doing what I’m doing.” Chantal Kreviazuk
“The time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by your self.” Douglas Coupland
“When everything is lonely I can be my best friend.” Conor Oberst
“I restore myself when I am alone.” Marilyn Monroe
“I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.” Robin Williams
“The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.” Justin Timberlake
“Being alone and actually sitting with out own thoughts can lead to such growth and realizations that are rare in our everday busy lives.” Kourtney Kardashian
“It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company.” George Washington
“One travels more usefully when alone, because he reflects more.” Thomas Jefferson
“You’re only lonely if you’re not there for you.” Phil McGraw
I am awake late at night because my new kitty I just adopted is unsettled.
She paces my room like a caged lion and I yearn to gaze in her mind.
What is she feeling? What has she been through and what life has she had?
Is she edgy because she is a free spirit used to roaming where she wills?
Or has past traumas made her uneasy of what lurks behind the next moment?
She cries and she paces and if I try to sleep she is quick to awaken me.
Why is she afraid to be awake by herself?
I want her to know we were destined to travel this journey called life together.
Just as I tell myself now, I need her to know. Leave your past at the door…it serves you no purpose anymore.
What’s done is done. We can’t change the past so let it go.
We can’t let the past run our life, so let it go.
It may have ruined yesterday, but let’s not let it ruin today by reliving it. So let it go.
I give no guarantees about tomorrow, but I can give you.
Stay with me in the now, and I promise you…
Everytime it’s “now” and we have a situation…it will pass.
Every time it’s “now” and we have no situations, I promise you no pronlems.
How does that sound my new furry friend.
Stay with me kitty, and fear not, it doesn’t get any better than this.
I have compiled famous movie titles to describe my ex, my marriage and my sex life. Because sometimes it feels good to laugh!
Are they talking about a movie or my ex?
- Barfly (He was a fixture at Bobo’s the Bar)
- Bringing up the Baby (How many kids did I have?)
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (I wonder who will come home today?)
- Dumbo (Title says it all)
- Touch of Evil (Only a touch?)
- The Heartbreak Kid (Heart destroyer is more like it)
Dirty Harry (I have him soap and razors for his birthday?)
The following movie titles sure do sound like they are describing my marriage:
- The Crying Game (Day and night).
- The Damned (Oh yes I was).
- Sleeping with the Enemy (Sleeping with one eye open became a skill).
- Les Miserables (You said it!).
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (Not flew over, landed right in it).
- The Snake Pit (Rattlesnakes that is).
- The Good the Bad and the Ugly (I am the good…he takes what is left over).
Last but not least, I had a chuckle finding movie titles to describe…OUR SEX LIFE!
- Dawn of the Dead (Wait in the movie they actually moved).
- Nightmare on Elm Street (Nightmare on whatever my street was called).
- Much Ado About Nothing (Ado declare it was about nothing).
- It Happened One Night (Come to think about it, I faked it that night too).
- Gone with the Wind (Yup, there the sex drive just blew by).
- The Big Sleep (Is there one called the Big Headache?).
- Close Encounters of the Thirds Kind (28 years married, encounters of the third kind, that’s about right).
- Clueless (Skills boy, ya gotta get skills!).
- All is Quiet on the Western Front (and the Eastern, Southern and Northern!).
- The Big Chill (And that describes how hot my sex life really was).
Come on people this was fun…can you think of any?